Monday, December 2, 2013

Giving Thanks

In Spanish - Thanksgiving is translated to: El Día de Acción de Gracias - The Day of giving thanks. Oh how I wish that I more often lived Una Vida de Acción de Gracias - A life of giving thanks. I had so much to be thankful for last week, including some wonderful time with our kiddos, a visit with Vicki, an overnight trip to Juan Dolio for a mini-vacation, and a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with all of our Casa Monte Plata kids and staff.
The kids love running around in our motorcylce helmets - Mini Kristin and Mini Alex
Vicki and I at the beach in Juan Dolio
One of the pumpkin pies I made for the "gringos" to enjoy
Our empty Thanksgiving tree
A blurry picture of Vicki and I
Ready to celebrate
Before Thanksgiving Dinner
Juana Prenza and I at dinner
Ready for our guests
Vicki and Nicol
My roommate Nadelly and I before Thanksgiving
Our Thanksgiving tree - now full of reasons to be thankful
Delicious Pumpkin Pie Bars for dessert - we made enough for 70 people!!
After everything was cleaned up, the Americans enjoyed our very own pumpkin pie

No comments:

Post a Comment