Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dad and Riley's Visit

Your name, Lord, endures forever,
Your renown, Lord, through all generations. 
-Psalm 135:13

What a blessing to have my dad and cousin Riley visit me last week for 7 days. It was so much fun to show them around my town and work together with our kids. I had the opportunity to translate for Dad several times as he shared small Bible studies with our teaching staff, with our middle schoolers, and with our Casa Monte Plata kids. He also spoke briefly at our church, made leather wallets with our boys at CMP, helped fix several things at our school, and somehow had time to teach our first grade boys how to "Indian Wrestle" on the playground. I was also able to translate for Riley as she led a small Bible study and project with our girls at CMP and shared about her life during our Wednesday Clase Biblica with our middle school girls. I most enjoyed showing them what my everyday life is like here and watching them form relationships with the incredible people of Monte Plata with whom I share my life and the Lord's ministry. Now they can clearly see why I love this place so much!

Painting nails and doing Bible study in Casa de Fe

Riley helping with our pre-school class

Playing baseball with dad after school

Leather projects with our little boys at CMP

Normal afternoon at CMP

Dad and I before church

Nadelly, Riley, and I before church

Walking from my house to school in the morning

Dad and Juan Ramon climbing on the roof to investigate the source of leaking water in our computer lab

No comments:

Post a Comment