Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Healed!

"Hija, su fe te ha sanado."
"Daughter, your faith has healed you."

Today's Clase Biblica was full yet again with 26 girls! Praise the Lord! Our study was based on the story in Mark 5 about the woman who had been bleeding for 12 years. Until I began preparing for this Bible study, I don't think I fully realized the lonely life that this woman was leading. Because she had been bleeding for so long, she was ostracized and excluded from her community, was unable to marry or have a family, and was prohibited from participating in community and religious events. And just like her sickness made it impossible for this woman to enjoy her life, our sin makes it impossible for us to experience the fulness of God's glory and the joys of life here on Earth that we can experience when we are walking with Him. Today's Bible class focused on Jesus as the Great Physician.

Psalm 103:1-5 says...
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me,
Bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all His benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

From this passage, we made a chart:
We have: iniquity (sin), disease, death
God can: forgive, heal, redeem

We talked about how the only thing that can save us from our greatest disease, the disease of sin, is faith in Jesus. The woman didn't say "I'll put my faith in Jesus IF he heals me." She put her faith in Christ before He even healed her! The Bible says in Mark 5:28 that she thought "If I touch even his garments, I will be made well." Don't wait to put your faith in Christ. Don't wait until He heals your friend, until He provides that job you want, until He brings you a spouse, until He ends world hunger and sends a cure for cancer. Don't wait - because you can be forgive, healed, and redeemed now.

To end class, the girls played a game, trying to make their team look the most "sick and hurt." Here are the results from most of the teams. It was great to see the girls having so much fun. Although they are mature in many earthly ways, they are still little girls at heart and I truly saw that today.














No comments:

Post a Comment