Saturday, September 7, 2013

Finally Some Pictures!

It's Saturday which means I have some free time to finally upload some pictures! Many of you have been asking to see pictures of my new home, so here you go!

First, I wanted to share some beautiful pictures from my time at training in Canada. It was a wonderful two weeks!
Sunset at Training in Canada


Beautiful Canadian Landscape

Beautiful Canadian Landscape

My Roommate at Training, Betsy
 Now for some Dominican pictures! My new home is located on the Eva M. Russell property. They call it "Escuela Hogar" which means "School Home." There are two homes on the property, one of which I live in with my roommate Nadelly.  The front of our home faces the street and the back of our home faces the school. My school is quite literally in my backyard! I have a pretty easy commute each day. :) I hope these pictures give you a glimpse into my new life!

My Front Porch with my Drying Laundry


View from my Front Porch

Back Porch and Washing Machine - What An Adventure!


View from the Back Porch - the school playground

View from the Back Porch

View from the Back Porch - our neighbor's yard

My House from the School Property

Our School Playground (in my backyard)

Path from my House to the School - building on left is the Comedor (Cafeteria) and building behind playground to the right is the classroom building

New Desk!

So thankful for the Dominican IKEA store!

My Desk

My Amazing Closet


My Room

Our Living Room

Our Living Room (please ignore the boxes of math manipulatives on the kitchen table!)

Our Kitchen
Hanging Out After School

This week my goal is to start taking some pictures of my new friends here. Hopefully I'll have some more smiling faces to show you next weekend! Thank you for your continued love and support!

1 comment:

  1. Love love that you have an Ikea store there, beautiful pictures too!

    ReplyDelete