Monday, September 23, 2013

La Cascada de Jimenoa

What a wonderful weekend! Kids Alive missionaries from all over the Dominican Republic (there are about 30+ of us, check out the list here) met in Jarabacoa for a weekend of encouragement, discussion, and rest. I traveled from Monte Plata (Point A) to Santo Domingo (Point B) to our ministry site in Constanza (Point C) then finally to Jarabacoa (Point D) where I stayed Friday and Saturday night with Katie. On Friday night we had a huge dinner together at the home of Jeff and Ann. It was great to meet everyone who I had read and heard so much about. Then on Saturday morning we had a ladies breakfast which was so much fun. On Saturday I got to visit this beautiful waterfall called Jimenoa. You walk on rope bridges over the river to get there. What an incredible display of God's workmanship! I am thankful for a refreshing weekend which has enabled me to begin this week of God's work in Monte Plata with some renewed energy!  




1 comment: